BSBI Handbooks are acknowledged as being indispensable for the identification of difficult plant groups. Nineteen BSBI Handbooks have been published so far and more are in the pipeline. The latest addition to the series is Handbook #19 Gentians of Britain and Ireland, published in autumn 2019. BSBI members benefit from pre-publication offers on BSBI Handbooks, allowing them to make considerable financial savings compared to the RRP.
The following BSBI Handbooks have already been published.
Click on the links to visit Summerfield Books and buy your copy:
- Sedges. 2007. Jermy, Simpson, Foley & Porter.
- Umbellifers. 1980. T.G. Tutin. (Out of print).
- Docks and Knotweeds. 2014. J.R. Akeroyd.
- Willows and Poplars. 1984. R.D. Meikle.
- Charophytes. 1986. J.A. Moore.
- Crucifers. 1991. T.C.G. Rich.
- Roses. 1993. Graham & Primavesi.
- Pondweeds. 1995. C.D. Preston.
- Dandelions. 1997. Dudman & Richards.
- Sea Beans & Nickar Nuts. 2000. E.C. Nelson.
- Water Starworts of Europe. 2008. R.V. Lansdown.
- Fumitories. 2009. R.J. Murphy.
- Grasses. 2009. Cope & Gray.
- Whitebeams. 2010. T.C.G. Rich et al. (Out of print).
- British Northern Hawkweeds. 2011. Rich & Scott.
- Evening-primroses. 2016. R.J. Murphy.
- Violas. 2017. M. Porter & M. Foley.
- Eyebrights. 2018. C. Metherell & F. Rumsey.
- Gentians. 2019. T.C.G. Rich & A. McVeigh.
More BSBI Handbooks in the pipeline: southern hawkweeds, lady's-mantles and willows. More here.