Eighteen BSBI Handbooks have been published so far and more are in the pipeline, including Handbook #19 Gentians of Britain and Ireland (scheduled for publication in autumn 2019: pre-publication offer open now to BSBI members only). BSBI Handbooks are acknowledged as being indispensable for the identification of difficult plant groups.
The following BSBI Handbooks have already been published.
Click on the links to visit Summerfield Books and buy your copy:
- Sedges. 2007. Jermy, Simpson, Foley & Porter.
- Umbellifers. 1980. T.G. Tutin. (Out of print).
- Docks and Knotweeds. 2014. J.R. Akeroyd.
- Willows and Poplars. 1984. R.D. Meikle.
- Charophytes. 1986. J.A. Moore.
- Crucifers. 1991. T.C.G. Rich.
- Roses. 1993. Graham & Primavesi.
- Pondweeds. 1995. C.D. Preston.
- Dandelions. 1997. Dudman & Richards.
- Sea Beans & Nickar Nuts. 2000. E.C. Nelson.
- Water Starworts of Europe. 2008. R.V. Lansdown.
- Fumitories. 2009. R.J. Murphy.
- Grasses. 2009. Cope & Gray.
- Whitebeams. 2010. T.C.G. Rich et al. (Out of print).
- British Northern Hawkweeds. 2011. Rich & Scott.
- Evening-primroses. 2016. R.J. Murphy.
- Violas. 2017. M. Porter & M. Foley.
- Eyebrights. 2018. C. Metherell & F. Rumsey.
- Gentians. Due autumn 2019. T.C.G. Rich & A. McVeigh.
More BSBI Handbooks in the pipeline: southern hawkweeds, lady's-mantles and willows. More here.