BSBI England Annual Meeting 2020
The Committee for England was formed in November 2019 and is mandated to hold an annual open meeting at which the Committee is formally elected. The first such meeting will take place in the Flett Lecture Theatre at the Natural History Museum, London on Saturday 1st February, starting at 12 noon.
There will be a CfE meeting followed by the open meeting in the morning. The full programme for the day is below. One of the interactive debates in the afternoon will be on “BSBI field projects for the 2020s” - Jonathan Shanklin, CfE Chair, will introduce this with an example from Cambridgeshire, where he is County Recorder. This is your chance to influence the future direction of BSBI field work in England.
After tea there will be a herbarium workshop in the room below the Flett Theatre. If fine, there is an opportunity to view the Museum Garden, which we heard about at the recent BSBI Exhibition Meeting.
Members normally resident in England may vote at the open meeting, and all members and guests are welcome to attend. There is no need to book, but to gauge numbers please let Jonathan know that you plan to come.
- 12:00 England Annual Meeting – short open AGM
- 12:30 Lunch/Tour of NHM Garden (if fine)
- 13:30 Talk by Fred Rumsey “360 years of County Floras from Ray to Leslie”
- 14:00 Debate: What do you want from the Committee for England
- 14:30 Debate: BSBI field projects for the 2020s introduced by Jon Shanklin
- 15:00 Tea break
- Parallel or sequential sessions depending on demand:
- 15:30 Herbarium workshops (Fred Rumsey)
15:30 Recording issues (field, MapMate, DDb, validation etc) (Jon Shanklin & Pete Stroh)
- 16:30/17:00 Close
- 17:30 Adjourn to the Hoop & Toy for drinks/meal.