Individual: from £39/€45 annually.
Student: from £17/€20 (under the age of 25 or a registered student in possession of a student card).
Check out what we offer to students.
Longstanding: from £28/€31 (see below).
Family/Joint Membership: from £45/€52, for up to four members at a single address.
All BSBI memberships are also available as gifts, simply select 'gift membership' on the membership form.
All memberships directly support the work of BSBI in studying, understanding and promoting British and Irish wild plants.
We hope, where possible, you may feel able to add a donation to your membership subscription, to help us achieve even more with your support.
Benefits of Membership
- Three issues per year of BSBI News, our colourful members-only magazine - view sample pages here.
- The members' version of our monthly eNewsletter, with latest news about BSBI events, activities and special offers.
- Online access to all papers published in New Journal of Botany, our scientific journal which ran from 2011-2017.
- Access to our network of 100+ expert plant referees, on hand to assist you in the identification of difficult groups.
- The BSBI Yearbook which includes full contact details for our network of Botanical Recorders in your area.
- Discounts on BSBI publications from Summerfield Books such as Grassland plants of the British & Irish lowlands and the latest BSBI Handbooks.
- Early-bird access to the full calendar of field meetings, conferences and indoor events run throughout the year.
- Special offers on, and advance notice of, our publications and events.
- Priority status when you apply for grants for training or study.
- Access to fantastic volunteering opportunities with BSBI, many of which are exclusive to BSBI members.
- The chance to nominate a fellow member - or to be nominated - for one of our new Awards.
There is a password protected members’ area on this website which allows online access to all recent issues of BSBI News, the latest BSBI Yearbook, all the papers published from 2011 to 2017 in New Journal of Botany , latest news about money-saving pre-publication offers and many other resources and means of support that are exclusive to BSBI members.
If you're a member, contact us for the password.
Members who have been with BSBI for at least 10 years, are over 65 and not in full time employment, may apply to Gwynn Ellis (Membership Secretary) to have their subscriptions reduced to a 'Longstanding' rate.
In your membership welcome pack (whether mailed or paperless):
- The three most recent issues of BSBI News, our flagship member publication
- The latest BSBI Yearbook (100+ pages) with full contact details for 112 expert plant referees, 186 County Recorders and all BSBI staff and officers.
- So You Want to Know Your Plants, a guide to how to take your plant ID skills to the next level.
- The BSBI Code of Conduct
- Our latest Annual Review
- Details of Summerfield Books' latest catalogue, including how to take advantage of discount offers exclusive to BSBI members.
- Essential BSBI information, including our Articles of Association, Guidance for Participants at Field Meetings, and our Safety in the Field advice.
Subscriptions are due on the 1st of January each year. If begun after 1st October, the membership lasts until 31st December of the following year.
*To add additional members to an existing membership, contact our Membership Secretary, Gwynn Ellis.
Our Membership Secretary is Gwynn Ellis. Gwynn has been serving our membership for over 20 years.
If you have any enquiries, including change of address, you can contact him via email@example.com, on +44 (0) 2920 332 338, or in writing at 41 Marlborough Road, Roath, Cardiff, CF23 5BU.
For general membership enquiries, you can also contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7570 254619.
We only hold the information requested in order to manage your membership subscription. We will treat your information as confidential, hold it securely and will never pass it on to third parties. The exception is our Subscriber database which BSBI has checked for full compliance with data protection regulations. The lawful basis for processing these data is defined under GDPR regulations as contractual. You can request to see the data we hold on you at any time and we will remove you from our systems and discontinue contact at your request: just email email@example.com and mark your email 'Unsubscribe'.