What is Herbology Hunt?
Herbology Hunt is the junior arm of Wild Flower Hour. It's an informal partnership between #wildflowerhour and the Wild Flower Society. and is supported by BSBI.
There is a spotter sheet for each month of the year, showing five wild flowers to try and find that month. Scroll down to view or download the spotter sheets - and then see if you can find the five wild flowers! We hope you will share what you’ve found on Twitter or Instagram using the #herbologyhunt hashtag, or in our HerbologyHunt Facebook group.
Please note that it is no longer possible to receive a free handlens or T-shirt as stated on the spotter sheets - sorry!
Who is in the team behind Herbology Hunt?
The team behind Herbology Hunt is:
- Nichola Hawkins, Publicity Officer for the Wild Flower Society;
- science teacher and communicator Jane Wilson;
- Issy Hardman, Wild Flower Hour founder;
- Kevin Widdowson, founder of Botanical Keys and How to Use Them;
- Forest School practitioner Rebecca Wheeler (who also runs the Wild Flower Hour Twitter account and sets the #wildflowerhour challenges); and
- Louise Marsh, BSBI Comms Officer.