Fundraise for Wild Plants
Passionate about wild plants? Fundraising in aid of the Botanical Society of Britain & Ireland is a great way to inspire, challenge and reward yourself, whilst promoting the study, understanding and enjoyment of British and Irish botany.
Whatever your event, interest or challenge, you can further the cause of botanical conservation and support BSBI at the same time, and ensure more people can hear about our vital work and have a chance to get involved.
How can you support BSBI?
Beyond our memberships, donations and legacies, fundraising for BSBI can be a great way to combine your interests with a fantastic cause.
To help you imagine the kind of event you could put on, here are some ideas:
- Create a birthday fundraiser and ask friends and family to donate in lieu of gifts (it's easy to do this on Facebook)
- Host a quiz night with entry fees supporting BSBI
- Nominate BSBI as a chosen charity at your workplace or a local school, and encourage them to engage with our online learning tools and resources
- Use your skills as a maker or creator and pass on a share of the profits to BSBI - don't forget to share your work with us on social media!
- Planning to set yourself a personal challenge? Undertake a sponsored walk, run, bike ride or botany-athon - anything you can think of - and inspire yourself by knowing that your efforts will benefit the cause of wild flowers in Britain and Ireland.
- Don't forget to share what you're doing with us on social media: tweet to @BSBIbotany using the hashtag #SupportingBSBI so we can follow and retweet you!
If you have any questions about raising money for BSBI, or want to talk through your ideas, please do get in touch with our Fundraising Manager, Sarah Woods by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Set Up a JustGiving Page
You can use a JustGiving page to raise funds through any kind of event or sponsorship, from a bake sale to a marathon.
Follow this link to our profile to get started and create your personal fundraising page.
Did you know that whenever you buy anything online – from your weekly shop to your annual holiday – you could be raising free donations for the Botanical Society of Britain & Ireland with easyfundraising? There are over 7,000 brands on board ready to make a donation – including eBay, Argos, John Lewis, ASOS, Booking.com and M&S – and it won’t cost you a penny extra to help us raise funds.
You can find our easyfundraising page here, with details of how to sign up.
Benevity is a platform used by a number of the largest companies to allow employees to donate to charity, whether through payroll giving, matched donations or workplace social responsibility.
If your employer is signed up with Benevity, you can choose BSBI as your chosen charity for any products they offer.
If your employer or workplace uses a different workplace giving organisation and you would like to use it to support BSBI, please get in touch.