BSBI publishes or supports a range of botanical books, including:
- Plant Atlas 2020
- Grassland plants of the British and Irish lowlands
- Vegetative Key to the British Flora 2nd. ed. by John Poland & Eric Clement
- Threatened Plants in Britain and Ireland
- John Poland's Twig Key
- The Hybrid Flora of the British Isles
- Our series of BSBI Handbooks for difficult plants; the latest addition to the series is Handbook #24 Alchemilla: Lady's-mantles of Britain and Ireland - published April 2022.
We currently publish five periodicals:
- our scientific journal British & Irish Botany;
- our membership magazine BSBI News;
- our mid-monthly BSBI eNewsletter with all our latest news;
- our monthly Recorder eNewsletter for all botanical recorders;
- our Yearbook for BSBI members.
Our historical journals and back issues of BSBI News are accessible from our online archive.
BSBI makes small grants available towards the publication of County Floras, check-lists etc., typically £2,000. Application forms are available from Jo Parmenter, Secretary of BSBI Science & Data committee.
After our eBooks, BSBI's agent for sales of our physical Handbooks, titles such as the Hybrid Flora and other botanical books is Paul O’Hara of Summerfield Books. Contact Paul to sign up for Summerfield Books' quarterly newsletter.