Deadline to book for Irish Spring Conference 2018 is Thursday 22nd March - hurry before the spaces are all gone!
Irish BSBI Conference 2018
This year's Irish BSBI Conference will be held on Saturday 24th March at the National Botanic Gardens, Dublin. Here's the flyer with the programme - some great talks and workshops - and booking details. Scroll down to see some of this year's highlights and to book your space asap!
Highlights of this year's Conference
- Mike Porter (author of the BSBI Handbook on Violas) is offering a talk called 'A Decade of Violas' and a workshop on IDing Violas using leaves and stipules. There will also be a chance for delegates to order a copy of the Viola Handbook at a discount price.
- Clare Heardman (County Recorder for West Cork) talks about Ellen Hutchins, Ireland's first female botanist.
- Jessica Hamilton (the driving force behind the BSBI Kerry group) talks about 'Botanical experiences and BSBI Kerry roundup'.
- Aoife Delaney talks about 'Enviromental drivers of biological communities in dune slacks'.
- Five flash talks including identifying Trichophorum species, the forthcoming exhibition of the Irish Society of Botanical Artists, plant ID in the Dublin BSBI group, Lycopod surveys in conjunction with NPWS funding, the often overlooked gametophyte of Killarney Fern, the National Plant Monitoring Scheme in Ireland...
- Plus a Database workshop with BSBI Database Officer Tom Humphrey, an Introduction to Horsetails from John Conaghan, themed walks in the Botanic Gardens led by Matthew Jebb, networking opportunities, food and drinks afterwards...
- This will be a fabulous event so check out the flyer now!
Book your space!
Irish BSBI Conference 2017
Talks from the 2017 Conference
Botanising with D.A. Webb - Daniel Kelly
Flash talks – project updates and more:
- The Vascular Plant Red List - Fionnuala O'Neill
- Irish Species Project - John Conaghan
- The BSBI Review - John Faulkner
- Wildflowers of South Armagh booklet - Oisin Duffy
Workshops on tackling tricky plants: