2022 County Report for Meath
BSBI Annual Report 2022
Botanical activities in 2022 included, but were not limited to, the following:
- Field recording: fifteen ten-hour days in the field exploring high quality habitats within Co. Meath.
- Aquatics Training Day: co-leading training day in Co. Meath with Nick Stewart.
- Taraxacum: collecting and curating of specimens from Co. Meath and other vice counties for critical determination.
- National Herbarium Glasnevin: a continuation of pre-Covid work, eight days in 2022 spent extracting Co. Meath records from herbarium specimens.
- Rubus specimens: a continuation of 2021 work, mounting critically determined specimens of Rubus from several Irish vice counties, the majority of which were new vice county or new Irish records. 88 such specimens lodged during 2022 in DBN.
- Publication: Norton, M. (2022) Further records of Rubus L. subgenus Rubus in Ireland. Irish Botanical News, 32: 50-56.
- Publication: Norton, M. (2022) An annotated checklist of Salix L. in Co. Meath (H22). Irish Botanical News, 32: 56-61.