New Journal of Botany (NJB) was BSBI's scientific journal, published on our behalf by Taylor & Francis. Two or three issues were published each year, online access was provided to BSBI members and institutional subscribers by default, with an option to pay for print copies. NJB launched in 2011 and ceased publication at the end of 2017, but all issues and individual papers are still available for BSBI members to download.
NJB carried peer-reviewed scientific papers on:
- population and conservation biology
- ecological genetics
- autecological, physiological and phenological studies
- phytogeography, floristics, distribution and recording
- taxonomy, systematics and evolution
- plant/animal interactions, including plant biochemistry
- history of botany
- general or historical botany.
New Journal of Botany also carried book reviews and plant records. It was launched in 2011 under the editorship of Dr Richard Gornall and published by Maney Publishing. It replaced our journal Watsonia. In 2016, we welcomed Taylor & Francis as our new publisher and Dr Ian Denholm as our new Editor-in-Chief. New Journal of Botany ceased publication at the end of 2017, to be replaced by British & Irish Botany.