2021 County Report for Mid Ebudes
Projects and surveys
- All nine NMPS plots on Mull at 2 main sites re-recorded in June. Greg Smith recorded NPMS plot on Coll.
- Survey of Calystegia species carried out round villages of Salen and Tobermory in August.
Rare species updating on Mull
- Carex aquatilis (Water Sedge), Lysimachia vulgaris (Yellow Loosestrife) and Briza media (Quaking-grass) relocated at Lochnameal, near Tobermory
- Carex x boenninghausiana (C. paniculata x remota), Pyrola minor (Common Wintergreen) and Umbilicus rupestris (Navelwort) relocated at Aros Park and outside Tobermory
- Vaccinium oxycoccus (Cranberry) refound at its second site in VC 103 on Calve Island, east of Tobermory
Gunna , Coll and Tiree
- Pat and Dave Batty visited Tiree in May and added records for early species especially ruderals
- John Bowler continued to send records for the rarer species
- Lucy Panazzon visited Gunna and found Pimpinella saxifraga (Burnet-saxifrage) new to the island
- Greg Smith, based on Coll for the summer months, added records for rarer species including Asplenium ceterach (Rustyback)