BSBI has around 3,000 members from Britain, Ireland and beyond. Members receive the following benefits:
- Three member newsletters per year
- Three issues of our scientific journal, New Journal of Botany, per year
- Access to the host of field meetings, conferences and other events run throughout the year.
- Contact details for botanists and local groups in your area.
- Access to our network of expert referees on hand to assist in identification of difficult groups.
- Discounts on BSBI publications from Summerfield Books.
Joining is simple and we have a range of payment options available. Take the following steps:
1. Right-click on this Membership Form, save it to your computer’s hard disk and then double-click on it to open it. Once completed, save it again and email it to the membership secretary or post it to 41 Marlborough Road, Roath, Cardiff, CF23 5BU.
NB, the form is in pdf format. You may need to install free Adobe Reader software to open it.
2. Choose a payment option
- Direct Debit (print the form, sign it and either scan and email it or post it to the Membership Secretary)
- Online payment (use the button to the right)
- Cheque or postal order (made payable to BSBI and post to Membership Secretary, 41 Marlborough Road, Roath, Cardiff, CF23 5BU)
- Bank transfer. Contact us for our bank account details.
3. Complete the GiftAid form (if you wish to).
Members who have been with the Society for at least 10 years, are over 65 and not in full time employment, may apply to the Membership Secretary (Gwynn Ellis) to have their subscriptions reduced to a 'Senior' rate.
- Ordinary (UK & Ireland): £30 (€38) per year.
- Family: £4 (€5) for each additional member (but no separate mailings).
- Junior: £12 (€15) (up to the age of 21 or up to 25 if in full-time education).
- Overseas: £32 (€40).
- Senior (for longstanding members, see below): £22 (€28).
Subscriptions are due on the 1st of January each year but if you join after 1st October the subscription lasts to 31st December of the following year.
By joining BSBI you will also become a company member supporting and agreeing to the BSBI’s objectives and ways of operating set out in our Articles of Association.
With the introduction of the New Journal of Botany BSBI has abolished its institutional membership category. Institutions will instead subscribe to NJB via our publishers, Taylor & Francis. Visit their website for details.
New Journal of Botany
To subscribe to a paper copy of the NJB, you can use the PayPal buttons below to pay the additional fee of £10 or €13 per year for three issues.
Our Membership Secretary is Gwynn Ellis. You can contact him on membership matters, including change of addresses, at 41 Marlborough Road, Roath, Cardiff, CF23 5BU.
BSBI Membership: Special Offer
If you've been considering joining BSBI, did you know that, if you sign up this month for an annual subscription for 2017, your membership starts at once! So you get access to all the benefits of membership for an extra month but at no extra cost.
Making an online payment
You can pay your subscription online using the secure Paypal system (if you don’t have a Paypal account you can still pay online using a debit card). There are two Pay Now buttons below for standard membership categories, so you can pay in either sterling or euros.
Please use the 'Instructions' field below to add your membership number (if you are renewing your subscription) or to tell us that you are a new member.
The Pay Now button below allows you to put in the sum that applies to you and set your own payment for other membership categories, subscriptions to BSBI News, etc. Please use this button to pay any non-standard amount.